Do you use social media to promote your business?
If you are not marketing your business on social media, you’re losing ground to your rivals.
A growing number of Kenyan small businesses have at least one social media account. Most leverage the power of social media to reach out their target audience and promote their products/services. Your business is among the remaining few that are yet to harness social media to their advantage.
So why does social media matter to your business?
It is estimated that over 10 million Kenyan are on social media. With internet penetration growing rapidly, this figure is expected to grow exponentially in the near future. Most of your target customers are on social media. So if you want your brand to be visible to them, social media marketing is the way to go.
What You Gain From Social Media Marketing
Putting your brand on social media comes with a lot of benefits that can add value to your business. Some of them include:
- Increased brand awareness. Creating a social media profile for your business enhances your visibility as more people can view your profile. More pairs of eyes on your profile implies greater brand awareness among your target audience.
- Improved site traffic. Adding a URL on your profile or on your posts can encourage people to visit your site. This means more traffic to your site which can help you get more readers eager to consume your content and become your customers.
- Enhanced customer engagement. Social media is a two-way communication channel – it allows you to send messages to your followers and receive feedback from them. This enhances customer engagement for businesses that seek to learn from their customers. From their comments and messages, you can understand what your customers want, what they expect from your brand and how to fulfill their needs.
Are you ready to reap these benefits?
If you want to get more results, you should consider using social media. However, you should not just delve into social media marketing without a clue of the platforms you should use to reach your customers. Choosing the right platforms is key to finding where your customers are.
Currently, the most popular social media platforms in Kenya are Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn. All of them are used by specific groups of people with different needs. Often, your target customers may be using more than one social media platform. As such, it is advisable to have a presence in at least two of the social media platforms to get more brand exposure.
Content Marketing Plan for Social Media
After identifying the platforms to use, you have to create a social media marketing plan. This is an important step that most businesses fail to consider. Without a plan, you can’t succeed in pushing your brand out there.
An effective social media marketing plan includes:
- Content posting schedule: A schedule guides you when and what to post on social media. With a schedule, you have an idea of the content you’ll post, tools to curate the content, and the best time to post it.
- Metrics: Defining goals is important in social media marketing. They help you determine whether your efforts are working or not. Some important metrics you should consider are likes, comments, and shares. These can give you an insight into how engaging your posts are.
With a plan in hand, you’re ready to make your brand visible on social media. You have to create social media accounts, customize your profile with photos and descriptive copy, and start posting your content.
Don’t forget to track the metrics. It’s advisable to perform an audit on a weekly basis. This can give you a clear overview of the success of your efforts which is key to identifying strategies that are delivering results. Next, tweak your social media marketing plan based on the audit results. This can help you to continually improve your marketing strategies and achieve your goals.
Ready to take your business to new heights? Start marketing on social media now.